Wednesday, January 19, 2011

WHERE DID THE TIME GO?!

Hi Everyone,

I am been really busy, which is great! From McDonald's to Weddings, its been great :)

Michelle's wedding was amazing! We went for a cool and romantic look for her wedding. Lots of soft pinks, lilacs and a gorgeous cool pink lip. She was a beautiful bride, with a wonderful bridal party!

In December, my bride Amanda had a 1940's vintage bridal look, with pin curls, black winged out liquid liner and red lips! She looked incredible, i love the era in makeup. Her family was so welcoming and a pleasure to work with.

Shortly before Thanksgiving, I had the opportunity to work with Victoria Dixon (www.victoriadixon.com) , an incredible makeup artist. Since then I have worked as her assistant for four commercial shoots. The first commercial was for the Ministry of Health, then GM, onto Honey Bunches of Oats (Post) and I just finished working on a new commercial with her, for McDonald's. Each one been very different, and so fun! I really have the best job! :)

I have learned more from Victoria than I have in a long, long time! I am grateful to be working with her, and every crew member so far.

Wedding season is approaching and i will be working with Dusko Jocic, (www.dusko.net), and Judy Jadusz (www.judyjakusz.com) this year and hopefully many more!

I first met Dusko back in 1999, doing volunteer makeup for Roger Cable 10 Television. He is a great photographer and captures life's wonderful moments! I look forward to working with Dusko, again this year!

I met Judy at the Rich Bride, Poor Bride photo shoot back in 2009. She captures such beautiful moments and is a pleasure to work with! I can't to wait work with her again.

Last year, I had the pleasure of meeting a model, by the name of Candice Kay on the golf Tv show I was working on. We hit it off and I have become her personal makeup artist! Candice Kay is a published model and established camera spokesperson, endorsement model, on Tv personality and host. She is the face of WMMA ( Women's Mixed Martial Arts) at X-Treme Couture in Etobicoke. I have met so many wonderful people because of Candice and she is so great to work with! I accompanied Candice to The Cure by Chick Rice fashion show (www.playfulchicks.com) and did her makeup for the fashion show as she was the guest speaker. Chick Rice and her playful chicks were so much fun and raised a lot of money that night! Thanks again, Candice and Chick! :) I can't wait to work again with you, two!

Well I am off...whew! Promise to blog soon,

K












1 comment:

  1. Hi Kate, I have nominated you for a Liebster Award! Check it out on my Blog: leahloves1.blogspot.ie

    Leah x

    ReplyDelete